CALL FOR POSTERS AND MULTIMEDIA PRESENTATIONS
Ditch the Dogma
AHF 2024 presents a new opportunity to showcase your cutting-edge research, insights, and innovations to an international audience of orthopaedic surgeons and industry leaders.
For the first time, AHF2024 will feature electronic posters and multimedia presentations relating to all aspects of hip arthroplasty. We are now accepting submissions!
1 Oct 2023 Abstract and Video/Media Submission Opens
28 Feb 2024 ePoster Submission Deadline
31 Mar 2024 Video/Media Submission Deadline
15 Apr 2024 Sending of Notifications to Submitters (no later than)
17-18 May 2024 AHF 2024 Innovation Symposium
Inclusion in the electronic ePoster area at the Symposium as well as inclusion on the AHF website and in the electronically published proceedings of the AHF 2024 Innovation Symposium.
Inclusion in the electronic Video area at the Symposium as well as inclusion on the AHF website and shared online via AHF social media accounts.
The 2024 AHF Innovation Symposium, “Ditch the Dogma”, accepts the following submission formats:
Abstracts may be on any topic related to total hip arthroplasty outcomes, operating room efficiency, scientific comparison of techniques, pre-operative planning, cost models, patient education, or patient-reported outcomes. Abstracts should be written in English, limited to 350 words, and submitted online through the AHF 2024 Call for Submissions website. Poster presentations will be in electronic format only.
Award(s) for Best ePoster Submission(s)
The Anterior Hip Foundation Scientific Committee will review and grade all accepted submissions based on the criteria listed below (see Grading Criteria). The ePoster submission with the highest grading will be awarded a $750 prize and the opportunity to present their poster as an oral presentation during the 2024 AHF Innovation Symposium. The “runner-up” ePoster submission will receive a $250 award. Both winners will receive special recognition on the AHF Website, in the Proceedings of the AHF 2024 Innovation Symposium, and be video interviewed at the symposium to discuss their ePoster.
Video and media submissions must be related to the topic of total hip arthroplasty, and can focus on presenting important educational concepts, describing a surgical tip, technique, or pearl, or showcasing the use of innovative technology. Videos should be limited to 5 minutes in length. Any verbal commentary should be in English. A written abstract, in English and limited to 350 words, should be submitted online through the AHF 2024 Call for Submissions website describing the video content and learning goals.
Award for Best Video Content
All 2024 AHF Innovation Symposium participants will be able to vote for their favorite submitted video and media content. The winning video or media content will receive a $500 award, have their content specially displayed during the 2024 AHF Innovation Symposium, receive special recognition on the AHF website, and be video interviewed at the symposium to discuss their content.
ePoster Abstract submissions will be graded based on the following criteria:
- Scientific Merit (0 – 6)
- Is the problem clearly stated?
- Statistics sound?
- Adequately powered?
- Methodology sound?
- Writing (abstract, results clear and well-written)
- Conclusions supported?
- Originality of Project (0 – 2)
- Clinical Usefulness (0 – 2)
- Level of Interest to AHF Members (0 – 2)
By submitting an abstract you are providing explicit consent for the AHF to store your data. Personal data provided in the submission process will be used to engage and correspond with you and corresponding authors regarding your 2024 AHF Innovation Symposium abstract submission, meeting registration and information regarding AHF activities.
In accordance with UK Data Protection Act 1998, we guarantee the confidentiality of the personal data. Therefore, the collected personal data in the present document (name, academic titles, e-mail, address, phone/skype/social media contacts) will be used only for the purposes that are specified above.
You can exercise the right of access, modification, cancellation or opposition by a written request to the organizers of the 2024 Anterior Hip Foundation Innovation Symposium. This request can be emailed to: [email protected]
Authors need to have the following information readily available when submitting an abstract or a video abstract summary:
- Complete contact information for the presenting author including the research institution (where applicable)
- Full abstract/video title
- Abstract text to be submitted as plain text into a text box located in the online application.
- For video submissions – a summary of your video content should be submitted for review purposes.
- Completed the Financial Disclosure Statement and Copyright License Agreement on behalf of all authors. These should be completed and uploaded as attachments to your abstract.
- Author warranty: authors must read and abide by the guidelines below to be considered for presentation.
- Authors do not have to be members of the Anterior Hip Foundation to submit an abstract or a video summary.
- Abstracts and video summaries are only accepted for consideration via the online abstract application form.
- Abstracts and videos submitted to the AHF Innovation Symposium organizers in any other fashion will not be considered for presentation.
- The deadline for ePoster submission is 28th February 2024 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. Abstracts summaries will not be accepted after this date.
- The deadline for Video/Media submission is 31st March 2024 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. Video summaries will not be accepted after this date.
- All presenters, co-authors, faculty members, etc. who will attend the 2024 AHF Innovation Symposium are expected to register for the meeting and pay all registration and travel costs. No exceptions are made. If attendance depends on outside funding, please secure financial assistance before submitting an abstract.
- All accepted submissions must have at least one of the authors registered to attend the meeting in person.
- Persons submitting an abstract or a video to the 2024 AHF Innovation Symposium must complete a Copyright License Agreement so the chosen abstracts can be published in the Symposium Proceedings, on the AHF website and social media accounts, and in any subsequent report.
Form for Submissions
You need to upload a completed and signed copy of the Copyright License Agreement in the form.